- 1 What is meant by a theatrical convention?
- 2 What are theatrical conventions quizlet?
- 3 What is an example of theatrical style?
- 4 What are theatre features?
- 5 What are the three basic elements of theater?
- 6 What are the two different drama structures?
- 7 What are the qualities of a fine play?
- 8 What is a technical theater?
- 9 What is the elements of drama?
- 10 What are the 7 theatrical forms?
- 11 What are the 7 types of drama?
- 12 What are the 6 elements of theatre?
- 13 What are the four elements of theatre?
- 14 What are the four functions of theatre?
What is meant by a theatrical convention?
A convention is a technique employed regularly in the drama so that the audience come to attach specific meaning to it. When a technique is used repeatedly in a drama the audience recognise its significance. They buy into it as an established way of telling the story.
What are theatrical conventions quizlet?
Theatrical Conventions. Culturally based. Shaped by tradition and in some cases by the law. Influenced by beliefs and decorum. Generally shaped by traditional roles.
What is an example of theatrical style?
There are four basic theatrical forms either defined, implied, or derived by or from Aristotle: Tragedy; Comedy; Melodrama; and Drama. Any number of styles can be used to convey these forms.
What are theatre features?
FEATURES: These are the factors which clarify the period, costume, movement, gesture and style belonging to the specific drama.
What are the three basic elements of theater?
To sum up, the following are the major elements of theater:
- Theater Space.
- Design Aspects (scenery, costume, lighting, and sound)
- Text (which includes focus, purpose, point of view,
What are the two different drama structures?
- exposition – introduces background events and characters.
- rising action – a series of events that create suspense in the narrative.
- climax – the part of the story where the suspense reaches its highest part.
- falling action – the main conflict starts to resolve.
What are the qualities of a fine play?
Terms in this set (13)
- Credibility. actions must flow logically from characters, situation, and context
- Intrigue. quality that makes us curious to see what happens next.
- Depth of Characterization.
What is a technical theater?
Technical theatre encompasses all that goes into making a staged production. The areas of technical theatre are scenery,lighting, properties,costuming,and sound. All of these areas work together in a production to establish the place, time period, and mood of the production.
What is the elements of drama?
Drama is created and shaped by the elements of drama which, for the Drama ATAR course, are listed as: role, character and relationships, situation, voice, movement, space and time, language and texts, symbol and metaphor, mood and atmosphere, audience and dramatic tension.
What are the 7 theatrical forms?
Types. Performing arts may include dance, music, opera, theatre and musical theatre, magic, illusion, mime, spoken word, puppetry, circus arts, performance art.
What are the 7 types of drama?
They are comedy, tragedy, tragicomedy and melodrama. All these types have the common characteristics of drama genre; they are, plot, characters, conflict, music and dailogue. Comedy is a type of drama that aims to make the audience laugh.
What are the 6 elements of theatre?
The 6 Aristotelean elements are plot, character, thought, diction, spectacle, and song. Below are the definitions I utilize to better understand the way in which each element helps me build a play.
What are the four elements of theatre?
Let’s take a closer look at the four elements required to create theatre: script, process, product, and audience.
What are the four functions of theatre?
Lighting for the stage involves manipulating the four major Controllable Qualities of light; Intensity, Color, Direction and Movement; to influence the four functions of stage lighting which are Mood, Selective Focus, Modeling and Visibility.